Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Update 12/30/09

Dear friends,

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. It’s 5:20am and I’m at Brackenridge Hospital in Austin.

I’m in pain and I’m going into surgery around 8:30 this morning for my fractured leg and clavicle. I also have a broken wrist and hand, but these fractures do not need surgery. I will be recovering from my physical injuries for the next 3 months or so, but I should fully heal.
Of course, the physical pain is nothing compared to the pain I feel from losing my wonderful sweet husband. He was the best man I ever knew – a wonderful father, a loyal and trustworthy friend, and the best partner I could ever imagine to share my life. What I feel now, most of all, is overwhelming love for my husband.

There is no way to explain a loss like this. We can only turn to God. I am comforted knowing that God’s tears match our own. Please pray for me and for Colleen, and both of our families as we try to figure out how to live this new life one day at a time. I feel at peace now, which seems hard to comprehend but can only be a gift to help me get through the next few hours, days, weeks, years.

I will post more as I am able.

With love,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment