Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Update 12/30/09 - evening

Dear friends,

My surgery went well, and though I still have a great deal of pain in my ankle, I have been assured a complete physical recovery. My rehab will include 3 months of non-weight bearing time on my ankle, so there is a long road ahead both physically and emotionally.

I have been overwhelmed by the love and support that has flowed from our friends and family over the last 24 hours. Chris meant the world to me and it still doesn't quite feel real that he is no longer with us. But it helps to know that his memory will live on in so many hearts and minds. You all can help me tell Colleen about him. I know that I can count on you to relay to her what a wonderful man her 'dada' was.

Today has been extremely hard, but I still feel a sense of incredible peace and love for my husband.

Chris and I were actually driving to Dallas for the birth of our first niece, his sister's daughter. Sophie Louise was born yesterday afternoon. What a blessing from God that a new life came into our family on the same day that one was lost.

Services will be held as soon as his sister and I are physically able to travel to College Station. We hope to know the date in the next few days. We will let you know as soon as they are scheduled.

One of the ways that Chris will live on is through the memories of those who knew and loved him. As a gift to Colleen, and I would like to ask all those who knew and loved Chris to write her a letter telling her about her dad. These are a way for her to see her father through the eyes of his friends so be as personal, informal, serious, funny, or creative as you'd like. If you plan to come to the funeral you can bring a hard copy with you. You can also email them to my sister at karenjack@gmail.com

We will compile them to give to her when she needs them.

with love,
Kristin

No comments:

Post a Comment