Sunday, March 14, 2010

Article in the Seguin Gazette-Enterprise

Thank you to Ron Maloney for his great article in today's Seguin Gazette-Enterprise. Our accident occurred right outside of Seguin, and he has covered our story from the beginning. I am so glad he reached out to me this week, and know that this article will continue to help in our effort to raise awareness of the dangers of distracted driving.

http://www.seguingazette.com/story.lasso?ewcd=4f92d0f5010a6675

This afternoon Colleen and I were at the park enjoying the amazingly beautiful day.  A woman approached me, and said that she had made her 18 year old son sit down and watch my interview on KBTX, and that she had made him promise not to drive distracted again.  She is just one of the hundreds of people who has stopped me, emailed me, or sent me a Facebook message to let me know how our story has inspired them to put their cell phones down while they are driving.  When I posted my blog last Monday, I would have never expected that our story would touch so many lives - especially those of complete strangers.  But, as I said before, I know that God has a plan for my life, and I feel absolutely confident that this is all part of his plan.

2 comments:

  1. Kristin,
    I have had you and your daughter in my prayers since hearing of the accident. We live very closely to the accident site.

    I had a close call in Austin a couple of weeks ago and saw first hand how quickly an accident can happen. I was hanging up my cell phone (my husband was calling to check on me) and the young man in front of me suddenly stopped. I was able to veer into the shoulder of the highway and just clipped his car... it could have been so much worse. I vowed at that moment to never ever talk on my cell phone again while driving! Since reading your blog it has made it so much clearer to me how important your crusade is. I will continue to pray for you and your lovely daughter. Chris's death was not in vain...
    Tina Preuss
    Seguin, Tx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristin,
    You do not know me, but I graduated with Chris from A&M Consolidated. I have followed your story since the moment I heard of his death. My heart goes out to you and your sweet baby girl. You and your daughter are on my mind often and in my prayers. I am so sorry deeply sorry for your loss and am amazed at your strength and faith! You are truly an inspirational woman of God! I am very guilty of being distracted by my phone when I am driving and I too have a young daughter(Kalie 21/2)whe is always with me in the car. I am making a promise to myself not to drive distracted anymore and am trying to have my husband do the same! You are a remarkable woman and I think what you are doing would make Chris so proud of you! Thank you for reaching out and for making a difference!
    With love,
    Felicia Neville

    ReplyDelete